Sunday, January 25, 2009

fairytale bliss...

i'm always complaining about how people make me sick 
and how no one understands the complexity of my mind.
i've had this craving for new intelligence.
i so desperately want to share thoughts and beliefs and feelings
with someone who will see it in my eyes before i even speak.
someone who will smile at me when i'm about to cry
and stop the first tear from falling.
someone who will aske me questions about answers i dont know
so it will force me to figure them out.

i was swimming in this sea of people one night and someone saw me drowning.
he reached his hand out to me assuming i needed help.
afraid of hyperventilation, i accepted and reached back.
he held my hand and walked me home.
with quivering lips, i looked into his eyes from behind my window,
afraid that it wouldn't open
but somehow, some way he held the key in his hand (and in his melancholy eyes).

i smiled and silently asked him to set me free.
as our eyes met, our barriers vanished and my lips stopped quivering.
niether of us spoke a word but screamed loud with emotion,
understanding each other completely.
that night, my heart was kidnapped.

when the time came to open my eyes,i found myself blind. unable to see.
the rays that used to beat through my window are no longer a part of my day.
the moon we used to share and the stars we wished upon
are now historic sites in a purgatory.
love lost a thousand times and chest cavities unable to be filled once more.
it was the last time either of us would feel infatuation.
the melodies transcend into memories that cause me to become dillusional.

i remember meeting at the foot of the eiffel tower.
i, in a simple white dress.
he beared a single red rose in his hand and a million "i love you's" in his eyes.
i tried walking on clouds a few nights ago, but realized i cannot do it alone.
my heart sank so deep it caused me to fall right through those clouds of hope.
an infinite amount of butterflies flutter amongst the inside of my body.
they fly around looking for the source of which they came about.
i light a candle in memory of the one who stole my heart and ran.
i don't want it back.
i want him to have it until....

THE END.

1 comment: