Friday, January 23, 2009

to everything a season...

the way you look  back at me takes away all my sanity.
it clouds any judgment of where we stood before this.
i remeber how my heart use to beat so hard i thought it would pertrude out of my chest when i saw you.
or even heard from you.
but we were young.
walking down the street hand in hand in the middle of the night.
looking up at the sky and wandering if you were looking at the exact same star as i was.
the smell of incense burning and the glow of lit candles was our purpose for those late night rendevous.
writing insignificant letters to each other in hopes that the other would take them seriously.
and then you went away.
i never truly moved on.
only fooled myself to believe that it wasn't meant to be but not for long.
summer came and went and when you returned you were someone else.
then, little by little i peeled the layers of that thick coat you painted over yourself and revealed the "true" you, once again.
and it was on.
this happend over and over for a few years and now that you're back again, i feel as if it's time.
you still posess that same look in your eye that you did the first time you walked away and i can't deny it.
 it's love.
so kiss me like you'll never see me again and love me until it hurts
because only god knows that this is young love grown old...

No comments:

Post a Comment